Health and Wellbeing Team
Do you have a passion for creating an inclusive environment in leisure and educational activities?
Would you love to work alongside the Health and Wellbeing Team on an amazing opportunity to develop disability activity clubs during term time.
- Mondays 4.30-6.30pm, Walton Community Centre
- Wednesdays 4-6pm, Focus Community Centre
- Saturdays 10-12 (Boccia Club) & 1-4pm, Focus Community Centre
This role involves delivering a range of sports and leisure activities for children and young people with disabilities and/or long term health conditions. Activities include reading, arts and crafts, games, exercise, sports.
You will be confident in changing communication styles to suit individuals or groups and enjoy the challenge of creating activities that enable all participants to achieve their goals. You will be able to enthuse participants to become active in a fun and sociable environment whilst being sensitive to an individuals’ needs.
Key responsibilities of the roles include:
- Planning, preparing & delivering high quality adaptable activity sessions.
- Use a range of communication methods during sessions.
- Be responsible for the participants during sessions.
- Administration such as registers, consent forms, Needs assessments and participant feedback
- Administer, record and report any First Aid & Safeguarding incidents
- The safety of participants, staff and activities
Before applying for these roles it is essential to have the following:
- Experience of supporting or caring for children and/or adults with special educational needs, disabilities or long term health conditions.
- Experience of coordinating activities for people with disabilities or long term health conditions
- Experience of a leisure or childcare environment
Mileage is available along with other benefits like discounted gym membership, access to free coaching & development courses, business partnership discounts plus more.
Vivacity is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a DBS Check at Enhanced Level.
To apply please send your CV and a covering email to Matt Taylor on email@example.com or call 07984 633154 for more information.