Activity Leader/Assistant - SEN
Be part of the future of leisure in Peterborough!
Are you passionate about fitness and leisure and focused on creating an excellent customer experience? Do you currently work in a customer-facing role where you thrive on leading by example? If so, we want to hear from you.
Vivacity is excited to be moving forward in the next phase of its journey as part of Peterborough Limited and we need the best people to help us grow. Our new management structure will enable us to develop our leisure facilities across Peterborough to offer our customers a great experience and succeed on our mission to Keep Peterborough Active.
What can we offer you?
- Variety – we manage 10 venues across the city where no two customer journeys, activities, or daily routines are the same.
- Expertise – learn from our team of highly experienced leisure experts.
- Development – enhance your career through training opportunities and new qualifications.
- Employee benefits – free gym membership and discounted memberships for family/friends, money-saving schemes, support services, pension, and life assurance.
SEN Activity Leader and assistant immediate start
52 week contracts available
52 week contract available
Minimum 7 hours per week; includes evenings and weekends
Minimum 16 hrs per week daytime
Health and Wellbeing Team
Do you have a passion for creating an inclusive environment in leisure activities?
Would you love to work alongside the Health and Wellbeing Team on an amazing opportunity to develop disability activity clubs during term time and school holidays.
This role involves leading a team in delivering a range of leisure activities for children and young people aged 7-19yrs with disabilities and/or long-term health conditions. Activities include reading, arts and crafts, games, exercise, sports.
You will be confident in a childcare environment and changing communication styles to suit individuals or groups and enjoy the challenge of creating activities that enable all participants to achieve their goals. You will be able to enthuse participants to become active in a fun and sociable environment whilst being sensitive to an individuals’ needs.
Key responsibilities of the roles include:
- Planning, preparing & delivering high quality adaptable activity sessions(Leader).
- Use a range of communication methods during sessions.
- Be responsible for the safety of participants and staff during sessions.
- Provide personal care when required.
- Administration such as registers, consent forms, needs assessments and participant feedback (Leader)
- Administer, record and report any First Aid & Safeguarding incidents.
- Collect, report and feedback to the Health and Wellbeing Lead on Key Performance Indicators (Leader)
Before applying for these roles, it is essential to have the following:
- Childcare qualification (Leader)
- Experience of supporting or caring for children with special educational needs, disabilities or long-term health conditions.
- Experience of coordinating activities for people with disabilities or long-term health conditions.
- Experience of a leisure or childcare environment.
- Able to travel to venues
Mileage is available along with other benefits like discounted gym membership, access to free coaching & development courses, business partnership discounts plus more.
Vivacity is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a DBS Check at Enhanced Level.
Minimum of 12 months experience whether it be voluntary or paid in a coaching or leading capacity in sport
Higher Sports Leadership Award Level 3 or A National Governing Body of sport qualification level 2 + Community Sports Leaders Award Level 2
Has excellent verbal communication skills
Ability to control and hold a group’s attention
Interested in sports coaching / development
Ability to plan and assess activities
Ability to react professionally under pressure
Seeks to increase their learning and experience through gaining new coaching qualifications
Has a clear Enhanced DBS screen
Holds a clean driving licence and has a car to get around in.
Vivacity is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate.
Vivacity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate and this role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure.