Breakfast and After School Club Assistants
Location: Hampton Leisure Centre (Hampton College Primary School) / Hampton Lakes Primary School
Term time only and/or 52 week contracts available
Hours between 7½ - 25 hours weekly (potential to increase hours in school holidays)
We will consider applicants that can work either morning or afternoon sessions (7½ /15 hour contracts)
We are looking for individuals who are interested in working with children in an active and fun environment at our breakfast, after school and holiday clubs in Peterborough.
You'll need to be passionate about working with children, not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in. You'll develop new games and ideas with your team to deliver to the children helping them learn through play. You will need to be able to get yourself to our venues so having your own transport would be advantageous. A full training induction is given but having experience working with children and qualifications in sports/childcare would be a great help.
You would work alongside the club staff in planning and running the day to day activities for children ages 4-11. Fun, friendly and patient are all highly valued qualities you will need.
We offer good training and learning opportunities as well as future career progression.
Club Viva offers heavily subsidised childcare available within our settings at Hampton Lakes Primary and Hampton College Primary.
- To plan, organise and supervise children's activities at before and after school club and throughout the summer holidays.
- To plan, prepare and deliver purposeful & safe play and practical based sessions suitable for the level of ability of the participants associated with the Club Viva Breakfast and/or After School Club.
- To correctly complete any necessary administration and maintain accurate and up to date records in the session specific folders.
- To ensure all equipment is collected and stored correctly at the end of the session to comply with all necessary Health and Safety requirements as required to undertake these duties.
- To supervise the safe dispersal of children giving proper consideration to parents’ requests but also remain with any children that haven’t been collected.
- To inform parents/carers if their child is involved in an accident no matter how slight and/or the behaviour of their child should they go against the Club Viva rules.
- To ensure compliance with Vivacity’s Equalities Policy and Child and Vulnerable Adult’s Safeguarding procedures.
- Communicate with different members of the team to ensure that information relevant to the children / overall session is regularly discussed.
- Risk assess the area, equipment and participants prior and during the session and note any discrepancies – monitor safety, keep participants on the set task and follow correct practice and progressions.
- Has overall responsibility for the safe and effective running of Club Viva.
- Arrive no less than 15 mins prior to session starting.
- Contact club management if they have any concerns about the session/safety.
- Complete the incident forms if an accident / incident occurs no matter how slight.
- Take the register and chase up any outstanding half-termly payments (via invoicing).
- Ensure that feedback is collected at the end of each term.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in youth work, childcare or sports coaching capacity.
Level 2 or above in NVQ in Children’s Care, Learning & Development or relevant qualification
- Has excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to control and hold a group’s attention
- Interested in childcare / development / sports coaching
- Ability to plan and assess activities
- Ability to react professionally under pressure
- Seeks to increase their learning and experience through gaining new coaching qualifications
Has a clear Enhanced DBS on update service or will be checked prior to commencement.
Holds a clean driving licence and has a car to get around in.
Vivacity is committed to ensuring Peterborough is a better place to live and work. Our mission and key drivers capture the role we play in delivering this aspiration.
At Vivacity you can expect an open and honest working environment, where everyone shares the same passion for delivering at a high standard and where loyalty is valued highly. In return we expect you to share and practice our values on a daily basis.
People Focused - Putting customers, staff and volunteers at the centre of what we do
Fairness - Treating people with honesty, openness and respect
Working together - Sharing knowledge and expertise by engaging with others to do things better
Can do, will do - Having a positive, flexible approach and delivering what we say
Learn & Improve - Learning from our experiences and those of others to improve
Vivacity is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate and this role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure/Disclosure.