An exciting opportunity has become available within Vivacity for the role of Children's Lead.
Vivacity currently run breakfast and after school clubs for 2 Peterborough Primary schools and children's holiday activities which are all Ofsted registered.
We are looking for an inspirational manager to lead the growth of our wraparound childcare clubs and holiday activities. We are looking for someone with a proven track record within an educational or children's activity background who can lead a team to further develop our service. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Community Outreach Management Team.
- Responsible for the efficient, safe and effective delivery of children based services including but not limited to Club Viva after school services, breakfast clubs and holidays clubs
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality customer focused services
- Responsible for the financial performance of services within the post remit
- Responsible for the short and medium term planning for the children related services, and financial sustainable expansion of services.
- To act as a key part of the Service Outreach Management Team.
- To manage and oversee the planning development operation of the relevant services ensuring a safe, healthy, friendly, creative, positive, fun and caring environment.
- To manage and oversee and delivery of operation of the relevant services ensuring services are efficient and effective as possible
- To monitor and achieve participation and retention targets for the service.
- Develop close working relationships with customers and organisations for whom the service is delivered.
- Responsible for ensuring processes are in place and followed for the safe arrival of children at the clubs and the safe sign out to parents/carers at the end of each session.
- Keeping children safe and minimising risks in the learning or play environment
- Ensure all that food hygiene, health and safety measures are met
- Administering first aid as appropriate
- Responsibility for the collection, administration and safe retention of data, including child information, staff files, ordering equipment, and replenishing stock in line with an agreed budget.
- Liaising with parents to ensure services are meeting expectations
- Ensure staff are working within agreed policies and procedures, and area aware of staff responsibilities around the safeguarding of children in our care
- Work to continually develop current offers and new products.
- Manage team to ensure that the day to day running of service to standard and in line with the Company Operating Procedures.
- To support the Service Outreach & Training Manager to report to Profit and Loss accounts and budget set
- To ensure an evolving efficient service which fits the needs of a changing customer base and changing market through delivery, training and monitoring
- To ensure all staff within the roles structure have the relevant training and knowledge to provide a resilient service.
- To ensure the implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure safe and healthy working environments.
- Work in partnership with other teams across the company to ensure effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Experience of supervising or managing a team (E)
- Experience of working in childcare and/or child development based customer focused environment (E)
- Experience of working with children aged 4 – 12 year in a childcare setting, and understanding their needs (E)
- Sound knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures (E)
- Experience in developing and expanding servicers or products (E)
- Experience in dealing with difficult customers (E)
- Experience of working across multiple sites (E)
- Ability to communicate at all levels, particularly with children (E)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (E)
- Experience in delivering great customer service (E)
- Knowledge of delivering high quality children bases services (E)
- Minimum Level 3 Early Years Practitioner Status within Childcare or Play Work (D)
- Or suitable teacher qualification i.e. PGCE or BEd
- Member (or equivalent level) of a relevant professional body (D)
- Qualified to graduate level or equivalent in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience (D)
- A qualification in Management (D)
- Knowledge of great staff management (E)
- GCSEs C grade or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths (E)
- A Paediatric First Aid qualification or willingness and ability to gain (with support from the company) in 12 weeks (E)
- A Food Hygiene certificate or willingness and ability to gain in 4 weeks (E)
- An enhanced DBS disclosure (E)
- A full valid driving license or ability to easily get to all facilities (E)
- Understand the importance of Health and Safety and its application (E)
- Understanding of the importance of and commitment to Equalities and Diversity and its application (E)
- Effective interpersonal skills (E)
- Ability to confidentially present to small groups of people (E)
- A good team worker (E)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (E)
- A positive can do attitude (E)
- Ability to manage, prioritise and plan own workload (E)
- Ability to mentor and support staff (E)
- A passion for developing children (E)
Vivacity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate and this role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure.