Family Activities Manager - Vivacity Lost World - Serpentine Green
Are you a dynamic individual who enjoys working in a fast paced, active environment?
We are looking for an experienced Family Activities Manager with an interest in the Leisure Industry to lead a team of Family Activity Coordinators within Peterborough.
As a Family Activities Manager you will have sole responsibility for the strategic development and commercial success of the Soft Play and Climbing Centre. You will report directly to the New Product Manager and the Commercial Director. Ensuring that the centre has impeccable customer service at all times and will be customer focused. Excellent communication skills are required to build key client relationships with the local community. Working hours would be shifts between 08:00 and 21:00, Due to the nature of the business you must be willing to work weekends, bank holidays and school holidays.
- To oversee the smooth operation of Vivacity Lost World, ensuring excellent customer service, maximize the business growth and sales.
- Oversee the catering business within the facility, delivering quality products, services and Margins.
- To work collaboratively with staff at all levels in an engaging and supportive manner to ensure that all activities within this service area stimulate & promote participation and achieve agreed business outcomes.
- To work in partnership with the Commercial team, other facility managers and marketing team to create an effective annual sales.
- To work collaboratively with other facility managers and marketing team to ensure consistency in the operation of Vivacity Lost World providing expert support and guidance to achieve agreed business outcomes.
Responsible for any Financials or Direct Reports
P & L responsibility for the Centre to ensure payroll budgets and cost of goods margins are maintained, whilst accounting for business performance – Responsible for up to £400k Turnover and up to £5k per transaction spend with Director approval.
Direct reports – 5-10 Family Activities Coordinators & 2 Team Leaders
- To line manage the Centre, to ensure that a consistently high quality service is provided at each service point to promote increased use and retention of customers.
- To manage the service effectively within budget, including the achievement of income targets and cost control in compliance with financial regulations ensuring agreed service standards are met.
- To deliver agreed outcomes and performance targets as specified in the Business Plan in a timely and effective manner.
- To be responsible for the effective deployment of staff resources, recruitment of staff, their training and development and to ensure that the performance of individuals is monitored and reviewed through supervision meetings and the performance development and review
- To ensure that the staff team work constructively and collaboratively between leisure facilities and with other departments in Vivacity to assist where required with the effective and timely delivery of the wider cultural and leisure
- To ensure full compliance with buildings, health and safety, Child Safety, Food Safety regulations, licensing and Acts associated with the service and maintain regular contact with appropriate nominated advisory services to ensure they are maintained, kept up to date and fully complied
- To ensure all operational manuals and emergency operating procedures are regularly reviewed and updated in line with current legislation and communicated to staff and supported with regular
- To manage and maintain the security of the facilities under the management of the post holder ensuring out of hours emergency cover remains in force at all times and able to respond to service needs.
- To be responsible for the effective operation of equipment ensuring environmental conditions are kept balanced at agreed standards and facilities are well maintained, presented to a consistently high standard and remain fit for purpose with minimal customer
- To oversee the administrative and clerical procedures necessary to support the business and comply with audit requirements, performance monitoring & reporting and service design/programme development
- To monitor activity programmes to ensure they meet customer expectation, provide optimum access, respond to developments within the industry and maximize primary and secondary spend.
- To work collaboratively with the Vivacity marketing team and implement agreed marketing and promotion
- To maintain regular contact with customers through facility focus groups, respond to customer complaints and queries in the prescribed manner and take appropriate action.
- To carry out cleaning tasks and the day to day equipment maintenance in accordance with the cleaning schedule ensuring they are completed to the appropriate standards.
- To take bookings and collect fees and other monies using the computerized cash register and on screen booking system strictly in accordance with the facilities financial manual.
- To deal with the lost and found property in accordance with the facilities financial manual.
- To assist in the supervision of the programme of activities including the organization of the public and setting up of equipment.
- To report any damage or malfunction of any equipment, plant or building fabric to Vivacity Facilities Maintenance team.
- To carry out all responsibilities with regard to Vivacity’s Equal Opportunities Policy and procedures and Customer Care policy.
- To ensure that the site is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To ensure the provisions of adequate supplies for vending machines and that all machines are stocked as required.
- To supervise stock control and the recording and handling of any takings and floats
- To ensure that all products are well presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment.
- To report any customer/client complaints/compliments and take action if possible.
- To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary from time to time.
- Ensure all Family Activities Coordinators are carrying out their daily tasks
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the field of Soft play climbing or Children’s play centre management, retail or similar public frontline services, including management and operation of buildings, services, and
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of employee management and maintenance of a high performing workforce.
- Significant experience of customer engagement and managing concerns/expectations.
- Collation and use of data to develop programmes and inform appropriate
- Experience in a competitive market place and ability to develop effective sales and customer retention campaigns.
- Financial control, revenue budgets and performance
- Competent user of ICT
- Previous experience working in a busy customer orientated environment
- Previous experience with till and cash handling including cashing up and floating tills
- Previous experience managing a team within a Soft Play or Children’s Environment.
- Exceptional customer service
- Stock ordering and control key responsibilities
- Opening up the building and locking up at the end of the day.
- Ensure smooth running of the team an all the activities / events are planned, organized and executed on time.
- An understanding of the catering business will be desirable but not essential.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safeguarding Children
- Evidence of continuing personal/professional development
- First aid qualification or willingness to achieve
- Good standard of secondary school education
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and a can do attitude
- Good interpersonal skills including an ability to motivate, persuade and enthuse others
- A starter finisher with high levels of personal motivation and integrity
- Ability to manage controversial and complex issues with tact and diplomacy
- A leader who demonstrates best practice with a willingness to share knowledge and experience
- Ability to innovate, adapt and be creative to achieve improvement
- Ability to deal with pressure and competing demands in a logical manner
- Problem solving skills
- Commitment to equality
- Flexibility in working, including evening, weekend and Bank Holiday working on a shift rota basis
- Ability to use Microsoft Office IT systems
- The above duties and responsibilities do not include or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder
- The duties and responsibilities may vary without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed
- The Health & Safety at Work Act stipulates that it is the responsibility of every employee to observe all rules governing health and safety and such equipment as provided must be used
- Vivacity aims to be an Equal Opportunities employer and has Equal Opportunities Policies with which you are expected to comply at all times
Vivacity condemns all forms of harassment and is actively seeking to promote a workplace where employees are treated with dignity, respect and without bias.
Vivacity is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate and this role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure/Disclosure.