Family Activities Team Leader - Vivacity Lost World - Serpentine Green
Are you a dynamic individual who enjoys working in a fast paced, active environment?
We are looking for two Family Activity Team Leaders with an interest in the Leisure Industry to work as part of a team within Peterborough.
To assist in the efficient and safe operation and supervision at Vivacity Lost World soft play and climb facilities or any of its other facilities. To be responsible for ensuring that customers have a great experience, cleanliness of buildings is to the highest standard possible, and equipment is set up and dismantled to meet service delivery requirements. To deal with customer enquiries in a timely and professional manner at all times.
- To establish a good professional relationship with the public and to deal with customer enquiries and complaints without being distracted from the main task providing the highest standards of public control, supervision and safety.
- To carry out cleaning tasks and the day to day equipment maintenance in accordance with the cleaning schedule ensuring they are completed to the appropriate standards.
- To take bookings and collect fees and other monies using the computerised cash register and on screen booking system strictly in accordance with the facilities financial manual.
- To deal with the lost and found property in accordance with the facilities operations manual.
- To assist in the supervision of the programme of activities including the organisation of the public and setting up of equipment.
- To report any damage or malfunction of any equipment, plant or building fabric to the Family Activities Manager immediately it is discovered.
- To carry out all responsibilities with regard to Vivacity’s Equal Opportunities Policy and procedures and Customer Care policy.
- Ensure all Health and Safety policies, including Manual Handling, are adhered to at all times"
- Ensure public safety while using the soft play and climbing equipment.
- Ensure all safety equipment is checked after every use, and removed if it is not working properly.
- Ensure all participants of the soft play and climbing equipment fully understand the rules of play and adhere to the rules.
- Supervise children in a safe and secure environment
- Stop behaviour which could be dangerous
- Respond quickly to emergency training
- Devise and participate in children’s fun activities.
- Conduct general routine maintenance and cleaning duties around the children’s play area to ensure it meets the required standards of cleanliness. Security, health and safety.
- To ensure compliance with all health and safety at work requirements as laid down by the employer.
- To understand and follow instructions.
- Operating the till system
- Daily till reconciliation
- Recording daily takings
- Stock ordering and control key responsibilities
- To attend staff meetings and training as required
- To monitor stock levels and prepare orders for processing and approval through the Family Activities Manager, allowing for timely deliveries
- To maintain accurate records as directed, to include financials and customer statistics for performance and budgetary control
- Reporting equipment, maintenance issues to the Family Activities Manager.
- To maintain housekeeping standards
- To demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working
- To deliver customer service in line with best practice. Ensure compliance to relevant policies
- To take responsibility for product area, ensure this and product is maintained in line with company best practice and Health & Safety legislation
- To display and promote products efficiently and effectively in order to maximise sales
- To prepare and cook hot food to customer and visitors
- To provide point of contact for customer enquiries and complaints, referring these to the Management Team to achieve a successful outcome
- To actively follow company policies – Food Hygiene, Equal Opportunities, Child Safety, Fire Health & Safety
- To maintain a good level of personal presentation
- On a daily basis:
- Ensure the Catering area is clean and tidy at all times, with furniture, tables, window sills and shelving dusted regularly and spillages immediately wiped away
- Prepare and serve hot food and drink
- Ensure all servery bins are emptied, liners are tied securely before depositing contents in the external waste bin and liners replaced
- Sinks to be cleaned and floors moped
- Start and end of day routines to be adhered to, with particular attention paid to coffee machine for example, plus standards as defined in the safety log book
- On a daily and ongoing basis:
- Thoroughly wipe down and polish all kitchen machines
- Wash out and thoroughly clean all fridges, freezer, coffee machine and dishwasher
- Liaise with the Family Activities Manager to review and make any changes to the menu
- Previous experience working in a busy customer orientated environment
- Previous experience with till and cash handling including cashing up and floating tills
- Dealing with different situations
- Exceptional customer service
- Stock ordering and control key responsibilities
- Opening up the building and locking up at the end of the day.
- Ensure smooth running of the team and all the activities / events are planned, organized and executed on time.
- Previous catering experience is desirable but not essential.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safeguarding Children
- First aid qualification or willingness to achieve
- Good standard of secondary school education
- Desire and commitment to provide a quality service to customers
- Self Motivated and initiative
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Honest, reliable and punctual
- Flexibility in working, including evening, weekend and Bank Holiday working on a shift rota basis
- Ability to use Microsoft Office IT systems
- The above duties and responsibilities do not include or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder
- The duties and responsibilities may vary without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed
- The Health & Safety at Work Act stipulates that it is the responsibility of every employee to observe all rules governing health and safety and such equipment as provided must be used
- Vivacity aims to be an Equal Opportunities employer and has Equal Opportunities Policies with which you are expected to comply at all times
- Vivacity condemns all forms of harassment and is actively seeking to promote a workplace where employees are treated with dignity, respect and without bias.
Vivacity is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate and this role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure/Disclosure.