Interim Marketing Executive - 3 Month Contract
The Marketing Executive will work closely with the Marketing Manager – Sports (three/four days per week), raising the profile of the Vivacity brand and maximising income and customer attendance through the effective marketing of Vivacity’s sports services. The Marketing Executive will also support the Brand Manager and Marketing Manager – Cultural Services two/one days per week, providing thought leadership and delivery of planned campaigns and activities.
The Marketing Executive will be involved in all aspects of marketing, particularly planning and campaign delivery (including maximising digital media opportunities) as well as contributing creatively, effectively and efficiently to the continued growth and development of Vivacity.
In summary, the role will be to work with the Marketing Manager – Sports (three/four days per week), Brand Manager and Marketing Manager – Cultural Services to:
- Conceive, plan, implement and manage marketing and communications campaigns to achieve the desired business outcomes and in particular income and customer targets.
- Generate new customers, retain existing customers and cross-promote all Vivacity propositions and maximise secondary spend across Vivacity offerings.
- Ensure that campaigns are relevant to the target audiences and have a positive influence on these, applying tried and tested marketing principles and practices that are impactful, cost effective and on brand.
- Undertake appropriate market research and data and insight analysis to support business decision-making, marketing campaign planning and the assessment of the effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Provide thought leadership in all areas of digital marketing and in particular, planning and delivering social media activities in line with the overall objectives of the marketing team.
- Ensure budgetary planning and control of all marketing related expenditure.
Responsible for any Financials or Direct Reports
- Plan designated marketing spend for marketing projects that require financial budgets of between £10K and £50K per annum, supporting the Marketing Manager – Sport, and Marketing Manager – Cultural Services and Brand Manager with the production of budget forecasts in relation their related areas and annual marketing budgets.
- Secure quotations for services, raise purchase orders, set up direct debit transactions and pay for ad hoc requirement, being accountable for marketing spend of between £1K and £5K per annum.
- Continually evaluate cost efficiencies of marketing output and be integral in improving commercial return on investment for future campaigns.
- Responsible for the line management of volunteers, temporary workers and marketing interns as and when engaged in the delivery of services, including pastorally and for workflow. To include reporting of sickness, leading performance reviews and overseeing delivery of assigned projects.
- Be a brand advocate and ambassador for Vivacity, upholding the organisation’s values and behaviours, and lead by example in encouraging fellow team members to do the same.
- Lead on conception, planning and implementation of marketing campaigns (up to 12 months in advance) through understanding business needs, prioritising with stakeholders and by analysing submitted briefs, finding effective and creative solutions to make the most of available marketing budget.
- Lead on digital marketing efforts such as social media posts, display advertising and PPC campaigns, ensuring best return on investment to achieve business objectives.
- Develop social media activity and to create and upload regular and compelling content and carry out direct advertising on Facebook.
- Lead on the preparation of printed materials and digital assets, writing copy, ensuring accuracy through proofreading and editing, maximising accessibility for EAL (English as an Additional Language) speaking and neurodiverse audience members and liaising with internal and external designers through to end production.
- Be responsible for and manage all aspects of the design and print production process including liaison with and cost comparison of printers and suppliers.
- Support the planning of and lead on implementation of Vivacity’s Brand Content Strategy, acting as lead co-ordinator of editorial content from both internal and external sources.
- Liaise with all venues to ensure effective project management of promotional material and literature, policing use of brand.
- Provide staff briefings and internal communications for all major marketing campaigns and activities.
- Lead on the planning and implementation of marketing material distribution, internally and externally, creating innovative solutions for displaying collateral where appropriate.
- Write and distribute press releases, bulk e-mails and other promotional assets.
- Maintain and build press contacts database on the most appropriate platform, including ownership for building positive relationships with key influencers in order to improve press coverage, frequency and sentiment.
- Take responsibility for overseeing teams of staff and volunteers at public events when required.
- Continually work with Data Insight and Analysis Team to analyse and act on audience and visitor behaviour trends.
- Track effectiveness of marketing activity and suggest ways of improving effectiveness and cost efficiency to the Marketing Manager – Sport, Marketing Manager – Cultural Services and the Brand Manager.
- Set up purchase orders on the procurement system and receipt when goods/services received.
- Act as the first point of contact for marketing queries relating to the relevant services, managing relationships with internal teams of stakeholders and visiting theatre companies, solicit and respond to briefs, and see marketing campaigns through from conception to delivery to analysis.
- Own relationships with external and internal stakeholders, such as partners, sponsors or visiting companies and lead on collaborative working where appropriate on joint objectives (event planning of festivals, agreeing sponsorship/brand presence).
- Upsell and implement additional marketing services to external stakeholders in order to increase income.
- Provide regular communication with staff, so that they are aware of current and upcoming marketing activity and ensure that any issues/opportunities from interaction with customers are understood and acted upon for current and future campaigns.
- To be responsible for updating sections of the Vivacity website, ensuring this integrates into the overall Vivacity website and applying the best principles of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and integration with social media campaigns.
- Lead on co-ordination and delivery of direct mail and e-marketing campaigns.
- To co-ordinate point of sale promotional material displays at the centres and at any external events
- To assist marketing colleagues and appointed contractors with ad hoc marketing projects as directed by the Marketing Manager – Sport, Marketing Manager – Cultural Services and Brand Manager.
- Continually consult with industry peers and team members on ensuring best practice, including attending training days, conferences and external stakeholder meetings. Implement learnings and share with Vivacity team members where appropriate.
- Ensure GDPR compliance of all marketing activities and Vivacity databases of customers hold data on customers numbering tens of thousands.
- Undertake general administration duties relevant to the job purpose.
- Candidates should have an appropriate degree incorporating a marketing element (or equivalent) with 3 years’ experience in a busy marketing or communications environment.
- Experience and demonstrable success of:
- Digital marketing and engaging audiences through digital activities, including social media
- Pay-per-click campaign planning, implementation and monitoring
- Updating websites using a CMS system
- E-mail campaign management tool(s)
- Integrated campaign conception, planning and execution using various channels
- Ability to use Google Analytics, generate reporting and develop insight for campaign improvement
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
Interest in sports and cultural services would be an advantage, although not essential
Graduate Calibre with equivalent experience (i.e. three years practical experience in Marketing with significant demonstrable digital experience)
The ideal candidate will :
- Be a self-starter, able to work under their own initiative.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Be well organised, able to prioritise workloads and manage multiple demands on their time.
- Be analytical and numerate.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Be able to work across a range of marketing channels, including:
- Digital media, website, email campaigns
- Social media management and paid advertising
- Direct marketing, including mailing and door drop
- Advertising, including PR, Outdoor and Point of Sale
Demonstrate a solid understanding of core marketing principles and possess a flair for writing engaging copy relevant to the target audience.
Since its formation in 2010 Vivacity has seen unprecedented growth in the quality and range of its offer which has led to more people enjoying our services, spending more money and engaging in our brand. Much of this success has been driven by continuous investment in our marketing activity, facilities, services and people. We work in a competitive environment whereby customers have a choice about how they spend their leisure time and disposable income. To remain a local market leader we place great emphasis on our marketing activity and this role will be pivotal in
Vivacity is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate.