Senior Duty Manager - Fitness
Be part of the future of leisure in Peterborough!
Are you passionate about fitness and leisure and focused on creating an excellent customer experience? Do you currently work in a customer-facing role where you thrive on leading by example? If so, we want to hear from you.
- Manage Duty Managers for all leisure facilities.
- Cover Duty Manager holiday and sickness where required.
- Support the Leisure Operations Manager in the efficient, safe and effective operations for leisure facility and services within the post remit.
- Support the Leisure Operations Manager in the delivery of high quality customer focused services, and customer retention and to deliver the health and fitness programme.
- Support the Leisure Operations Manager in the finance performance for all leisure facilities and services. Leading the Companies Personal Trainer, offer and structure
- Manage the short and medium term planning for the leisure facility including activity programmes, supporting fitness and gym trends, staffing and training.
- In conjunction with the Duty Managers, manage the upkeep of all gyms, fitness studios and equipment within the leisure facilities, including planned and reactive maintenance.
- In conjunction with the Duty Managers, manage the gym and studios ensuring the safety, wellbeing and motivation of customers, and liaise with Duty Managers to ensure standards are maintained.
- To act as a key part of the Vivacity Management Team.
In conjunction with the Duty Managers, manage the gyms, fitness classes and personal trainers to ensure it operates effective and efficiently, meeting the need of customer in a cost beneficial manner.
To assist and oversee the operation of all leisure facilities ensuring services are efficient and effective as possible. Ensuring the Duty Managers oversee the correct use of the gyms, studio’s and equipment in accordance with the centres operating procedures.
To assist and oversee building including gym facilities to ensure they are maintained within the facility and carried out in accordance with the Company Operating Procedures, Emergency Action Plan and Health & Safety legislation and meet the need of any Health Referral Scheme.
Manage Duty mangers to ensure that the day to day running of facilities is to standard and in line with the Company Operating Procedures.
Ensure management and adherence to Profit and Loss accounts.
Take an active part in the Budget Setting Process.
To ensure an evolving efficient service which fits the needs of a changing customer base and changing market through delivery, training and monitoring.
To monitor, manage and mentor staff to perform at their best, but where needed be responsible for managing poor performance, and investigate potential disciplinary actions
To contribute to the development of the service through ideas, project groups, 121’s and PDR process etc. Providing group and personal fitness tuition to members ensuring customers’ needs are satisfied.
To support promotional initiatives and marketing plans and assist with customer consultation work.
To ensure all staff within the roles structure have the relevant training and knowledge to provide a resilient service.
To ensure the implementation of all necessary policies and procedures to ensure safe and healthy working environments.
Work in partnership with other vivacity management team members to ensure effective coordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
To ensure the delivery of high quality customer focused leisure service across all facilities.
To provide an excellent customer service experience for all users of our facility and influence and maximise the income and usage for all facilities
To complete weekly and monthly reports and associated administrative duties for the monitoring and evaluation of members ensuring personal and confidential fitness information is handled in accordance with Vivacity procedures
Any other duties as assigned.
- Experience of supervising or managing a team (E)
- Experience of short and medium term planning or fitness services, driven by an understanding of customer base and market trends (E)
- Experience in leisure or fitness management (E)
- Experience in Budget Management (D)
- Experience of working in a leisure or fitness based customer focused environment (D)
- Experience in delivering great customer service (E)
- Experience in dealing with difficult customers (E)
- Experience of working across multiple sites (D)
- Ability to quickly learn new skills (E)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (E)
- Experience in delivering great customer service (E)
- A advance qualification in Fitness (E)
- A current Level 3 Register of Exercise Professional (REPS) (E)
- A current Level 4 Register of Exercise Professional (REPS) or ability to gain (with support from the company) in 9 months (D)
- GCSEs C grade or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths (D)
- A First Aid at Work qualification or willingness and ability to gain (with support from the company) in 12 weeks (E)
- An enhanced CRB disclosure (E)
- A full valid driving license or ability to easily get to all facilities (E)
- Understand the importance of Health and Safety and its application (E)
- Understand of the importance of and commitment to Equalities and Diversity and its application (E)
- Knowledge of great staff management (E)
- A current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (Pools) or ability to gain (with support from the company) in 12 weeks (D)
- A current RLSS Trainer Assessor of NPLQ Qualification/certification or ability to gain (with support from the company) in 26 weeks (D)
- A Pool Plant Operator qualification (Pools) or willingness and ability to gain (with support from the company) in 12 weeks (D)
- Great Customer Service (E)
- Effective interpersonal skills (E)
- A good team worker (E)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (E)
- A positive can do attitude (E)
- A passion for leisure and fitness services (E)
Vivacity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate and this role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure.