All of our regular Nordic walks are FREE for Vivacity gym members and only £4 for non-members. Please see course details for prices.
A great extension of our successful Walking for Health Scheme operating a number of Nordic Walks across Peterborough.
Nordic Walking is a specific fitness technique where walking poles are used to propel the body forward, increasing the use of your upper body compared to regular walking.
Nordic walking is unique in that it provides benefits for everyone, from those who are super fit to those with specific medical problems.
There is no need to wear special exercise clothing and all equipment will be provided FREE of charge.
Hampton Leisure Centre
A friendly Nordic walk with introductions into hill walking technique. A faster paced and fun walk in the built up area of Hampton.
Time: 9.30am - 10.30am
Meet at: Hampton Leisure Centre
Level: Everyone welcome
• Tones the upper and lower body the same
• Uses 90% of skeletal muscles
• Burns 46% more calories than ordinary walking
• Great for the Heart and Lungs
• Reduces pressure on knees and joints
• Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
• Poles help to propel you along, making it easier to move faster than normal without feeling the effort
For more information visit nordicwalking.co.uk