Swim Academy Assistant - Closing Date for Applications Friday 15th November 2019
- To continuously review programmed teaching space to maximise occupancy and curriculum needs at any given point, making and communicating any necessary adjustment
- To ensure full compliance with health and safety regulations and Acts associated with the service and maintain regular contact with appropriate nominated advisory services to ensure they are maintained, kept up to date and fully complied
- To ensure all operational manuals and emergency operating procedures applicable to the service area are in place and updated in line with current legislation, best practice and communicated to staff and supported with regular reviews and updates.
- To manage and maintain teaching aids and equipment deployed in the delivery of the service ensuring it is readily available and fit for
- To ensure staff cover is available at all times to effectively deliver the service and able to respond to programme and service
- To complete administrative and clerical procedures necessary to support the programme and comply with audit requirements, performance monitoring & reporting and service design/programme development
- To work collaboratively with the Centres management teams and leads for Swim Academy
- To maintain regular contact with service users through focus groups, one to one and regular liaison meetings, and respond to customer complaints and queries in the prescribed
- To keep up to date with industry best practise and developments where these may impact upon the swimming programme operated by Vivacity and maintain a productive relationship with regional ASA development officers and City of Peterborough Swimming
- Reporting directly to the Swim Academy Manager – Support the operation of the Vivacity Swimming Academy (VSA – schools and public programme) across all sites working under the guidance of the swim academy manager ensuring maximum occupancy and optimum
- Work collaboratively to support the VSA lead and delivery team at each venue to ensure full and consistent compliance with customer service, administrative and financial processes that underpin the delivery of an excellent and efficient customer
- To monitor and record student attainment levels ensuring appropriate progression through the scheme whilst maximising retention and minimising waiting time to enter
- To ensure appropriately trained and qualified teachers are deployed and available at all times to deliver agreed teaching outcomes including meeting their training, development and mentoring
- To ensure appropriate professional and informative communication is maintained between Vivacity and scheme participants/parents/carers/school
Responsible for any Financials or Direct Reports
The post holder is to be aware of the budget which is communicated by the Swim Academy Manager and Community Outreach Manager.
- Vivacity Swimming Academy including schools learn to swim
The post holder has no line management or financial responsibility but will program rotas in line with the swim co-ordinator for Swimming Teachers across sites where required.
The post holder has an operational relationship with the site specific VSA leads and operational teams.
- To provide a customer centric service from first enquiry ensuring that a consistently high quality service is provided at each service point to maximise participation, revenue generation and customer satisfaction.
- To support the Swimming Teachers as well as the swim co-ordinator ensuring effective deployment of resources, ongoing training, development, mentoring and periodic review in line with company policy. Ensure that the performance of individuals and teams is monitored and reviewed through supervision meetings, forums and the performance development and review
- To develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with the VSA leads and operational staff at each site ensuring systems and procedures are consistently applied to effectively achieve agreed business outcomes and service standards.
- To deliver agreed outcomes and performance targets as specified in the Business/Service Plans in atimely and effective manner, liaising with the Swim Academy Manager on any predicted variances as they arise.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in the field of swimming teaching/tutoring, or similar public frontline services, including operation of teaching and education programmes and
- Experience of customer engagement and managing concerns/expectations.
- Collation and use of data to develop programmes and inform appropriate
- Performance monitoring and financial understanding of income and expenditure.
- ASA Certificate in Teaching Swimming – Secondary Teacher*
- Evidence of continuing personal/professional development
- Competent user of ICT (* or suitable equivalent)
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and a can do attitude
- Good interpersonal skills including an ability to motivate, persuade and enthuse others
- A starter finisher with high levels of personal motivation and integrity
- Ability to innovate, adapt and be creative to achieve improvement
- Ability to deal with pressure and competing demands in a logical manner
- Problem solving skills
- Commitment to equality
The post holder supports a comprehensive learn to swim programme providing teaching to both schools and public using the ASA curriculum. The administration of the scheme has recently changed with the introduction of new payment methods and rolling enrolment/progression which will be supported using hand held technology, aiding communication and engagement with participants. The school programme is held at the Regional and Jack Hunt swimming pools with the public programme staged at both with the addition of Vivacity Premier Fitness. The service is key to delivering a life skill, social, and educational activity that provides a significant income stream for Vivacity. The City of Peterborough Swimming Club and Peterborough schools are key stakeholders in the service together with the general public. There is a significant opportunity to grow the business and increase occupancy whilst raising standards and quality of service provided.
- Vivacity is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate and this role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure/Disclosure.
This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.