Flexible contract (0 hours per week)
£11.88 per hour
- To effectively teach swimming to children and adults and school pupils in line with principle relating to the Schools Swimming Syllabus, The National Curriculum and the Amateur Swimming Associations’ National Teaching Plan for
- To plan and effectively teach comprehensive aquatic syllabuses to children and adults of a wide range of ability from non-swimmers to pre-competitive level in accordance with agreed policy and procedure.
- To prepare and deliver agreed schemes of work and provide evaluations of pupils progress and behaviour if
- To provide ongoing assessment of pupils progress in line with agreed syllabus requirements.
- To ensure lessons are planned, delivered safely and the available water space is used according to the group’s
size and abilities.
- To explain and demonstrate the emergency procedures to school staff and pupils and define boundaries and
- To advise school teachers and parents of the respective award schemes and the awards available
- To provide support on poolside to non-specialist school teachers/staff by giving advise and help with demonstrations
- To give advice on minor health problems within the context of the lesson i.e. asthma, epilepsy, sores, colds,
verrucae ect. within the context of a swimming lesson.
- To liaise with school staff regarding pupil’s behaviour and progress – providing evaluations of attainment.
- To be vigilant regarding all aspects of child safeguarding and report any concerns to the designated officer.
- Previous experience of teaching swimming and related activities to children and adults
- Experience of working with and supporting children with special education\needs/disabilities
- Knowledge and understanding of effective swimming teaching
- ASA Teacher Level 2 Swimming preferred (minimum ASA Teacher Level 1)
- Other related aquatic qualifications
- Rescue Test for teachers of Swimming of willingness to work towards
- Evidence of continuing Professional Development
- Ability to work flexible hours during the school day, evenings and weekends
- Ability to relocate to alternative places of work at short notice if required to do so
- Knowledge of qualification requirements, training and award schemes operated by Vivacity, The Amateur Swimming Association and the Royal Life Saving Society
- Willingness to provide cover for other teachers
- Prepared to work across all Vivacity venues and alternative places of work i.e. school sites
- The above duties and responsibilities do not include or define all tasks that may be required of the postholder
- The duties and responsibilities may vary without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed
- The Health & Safety at Work Act stipulates that it is the responsibility of every employee to observe all rules governing health & safety and such equipment as provided must be used
- Vivacity aims to be an Equal Opportunities employer and has Equal Opportunities Policies with which you are expected to comply at all times
- Vivacity condemns all forms of harassment and is actively seeking to promote a workplace where employees are treated with dignity, respect and without bias Essential
- Vivacity is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate and this role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure/Disclosure.