Dyna-Band exercise is a simple, accessible and low cost activity that can easily fit in to the school day with activities which can last as little as 5 minutes.
Dyna-bands (resistance bands) are made of strong, thin rubber and come in a variety of resistances depending on your pupils’ ages and fitness levels. We are now offering Dyna-band ‘bundles’ to schools, as we’ve seen how quickly our junior gym members take to them, benefit from simple and regular exercise, as well as having great fun individually, and with their peers.
The key benefits to your pupils (and teaching staff) are as follows:
- Assists healthy growth and development
- Build strong bones and muscles Weight-bearing exercises strengthen bones and muscle
- Improve balance, maintain and develop flexibility
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Reduce stress and feel more relaxed - As we become fitter, our bodies can better regulate our cortisol levels. Cortisol is a ‘stress hormone’ that our bodies release in response to anxiety; over prolonged periods, higher cortisol levels have been linked to a wide range of health problems including heart disease, high blood pressure, a lowered immune response, as well as depression and anxiety.
- Boost confidence and self-esteem
- Improve posture
- Have fun with their friends and make new ones
- Better sleep - we sleep better at night after having been more active during the day.
- Be more likely to be motivated, focused, and successful in school.
Mastering physical skills builds confidence at every age and gives them these skills for life.
We can offer bespoke packages depending on the scale of training and classes involved, but as a guide, we can offer:
£50 = 1 fully qualified Personal Trainer to delivery Dyna-Band training to your staff (as individual or groups), plus provide exercise manuals/guides for reference in the classroom
£5 = 1 x 1.5-2 metre Dyna-band which should last for a year – either for the school to purchase or for a suggested parental contribution to allow pupil’s to continue exercise at home.
£200 for full training and a full set of bands = a 5 minute healthy start each day!
= Over 17 hrs of physical activity per child per year!
= Over 512 hrs per class per year!
All other session prices vary depending on the activity. Please contact the sports team for more information.